For Me Friends Only

A blog that's much ado about nothing really.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Driving

Ok, so I was feeling shitty today for reasons I will spare you guys with. Anyway, decided to check out North Point at Yishun since I haven't been there for at least ten years.

I found out that it's not that far and actually the way there leads to Woodlands as well and it's more scenic. Shall take this route the next time.

Anyway, was still feeling shitty so I decided to just drive and explore parts relatively unknown to me. Open the directory and pointed my car west to Kranji Road, destination: Lim Chu Kang.

Well, I didn't really get to Lim Chu Kang Road but was travelling along Neo Tew, and it was fantastic. About 20 minutes of driving with only me on the road. Crank up "Don't Dream It's Over" and it's almost as if I'm out of Singapore.

But what I really wanted to share was that hey, I drove without holding on to the steering wheel. Not throughout the drive of course, I'm not suicidal. But it was just fun to drive, handsfree. Also, it is confirmed, the wheels of my car are aligned since not holding on to the steering still allows me to travel in a straight line. Well, we have handsfree mobile, now I have handsfree driving! Ha Ha!

Anyway, since I have found this route, I will just drive through the next time I need some therapeutic quiet time. The other two routes that I found interesting are Mount Pleasant and Old Tampines Road, but they end rather quickly since they are shorter.

Also, will be plonking my video cam in the car, shall attempt to film the journey the next time I travel through Neo Tew again. Should make for interesting footage, and when I have enough courage, I shall film Mount Pleasant's journey after the witching hour.

Gives me the chills just thinking about it. Did I tell you guys I trekked solo through Mount Pleasant Road one night? Yeah, it wasn't midnight but it creeped me out. I know, mind racing with horror stories heard and seen aint much help to my freaked out state but hey, at least I made it.

Took me about half an hour's of walking while driving through probably takes less than 10 minutes.

Anyway, hmmm... will see.

Lastly, folks, you may be pleased to know that I should stop whinging about my car's fc maybe forever now, because I finally found out what the problem is. Two Words. Tyre pressure. I have been inflating the recommended pressure of 200psi but have since up the figure to 210 and viola! Immediate improvement to about 14km/l as compared to 11km/l. Only you guys might be naseous sitting at the back because some find my little car really bouncy.

Anyway, that's it for tonight, shall attempt to do some editing tomorrow.

You may just see the hol video when you come back this time Louise, fingers crossed.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   October 2006   February 2007   May 2007   July 2007   November 2007   November 2011   December 2011   July 2012   December 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?