For Me Friends Only
A blog that's much ado about nothing really.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Back from Karaoke
Am in the blues today, a friend texted so we went for Jap buffet. Talked a lot about men, ourselves, our work and life in general. Why is this sense of cynicism and helplessness at our situation pervasive? We have worked our asses off and we are good people. We have never intentionally caused another person to be in harm or in trouble. We have never not do the best that we can. But what have we gained in return?Seriously what? I have been stuck in my line of work for the last ten years but what have I achieved? A job that I'm trudging along and can't even think about having a career in. No interests or hobbies that I've cultivated outside of work. No man I can call my own and am considered old/too unkempt/unattractive by men I'm interested in. No spectacular results for the works I have done. No desire to be all intelligent/knowledgeable or well read. And certainly not free from all the material worries.For people like us, we always fall back to the age old adage of "I want to change my job" or "I want to leave the industry." But seriously, how many of us have done it successfully? So we are stuck, in a sort of self created limbo, never in our element but never leaving either.We decided to go karaoke after I vetoed against watching a show. One song is now stuck in my head and these are the last couple of lines...灯光熄灭了,音乐静止了滴下的眼泪已停不住了天下起雨了,人是不快乐我的心真的受伤了。
Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
October 2006
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
November 2007
November 2011
December 2011
July 2012
December 2013
