For Me Friends Only

A blog that's much ado about nothing really.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

of shampoo, weight and menstrual woes

HAIR

So, I've been having problems with my shampoo. Organics yellow packaging was my default brand but for the last couple of months, especially after my trip back from Cambodia, my hair was increasingly more tangled up. Not in the hair's too dry way, but rather, the feeling of a "glob" that can't be rid off no matter how many times you wash and rinse it.

Was really, really frustrated so decided to use this Loreal professional hair shampoo that I got for free from the recent shoot. Viola! Problem mitigated.

My thoughts are, my hair's actually too oily for the off-the-shelf shampoo type meant for normal hair. But I've always use shampoo for normal hair and besides, I have stock!

So what went astray? The weather in Cambodia? My diet? I think it's a natural progress as we age, our body's changing as the years go by. Things that never registered are now becaoming apparent left, right and centre.

Also, I don't mind the waste but to buy the exact same Loreal's professional shampoo seems indulgent. It's $24 for a 500ml bottle!(?) I know because I had it checked out when I went for haircut and highlight recently.

As I have no other alternative, I've been depleting that precious bottle till today. I bought another off-the-shelf shampoo but from Loreal this time. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will work. Or else, my hair's going to be the best take care part of my whole body..... sigh...

WEIGHT

I note with interest this morning that I now weigh 58.9kg. It's that exact because it's for my pre work appointment check up. Then it hit me. 58.9??? To think that all this while I thought that I just need to tone up because I'm flabby? What the hell? I'm overweight for my height. Of which, I seemed to have shrunk. Again, I thought I'm 1.62m? But again, the contraption says I'm 1.60m, where did the 0.02m go? It's a big deal ok? 1.62 is 0.03m shorter than my ideal of 1.65, but 1.60 means that I'm missing 0.05m which equates to 5cm. So I have to wear 5cm instead of 3cn tall heels to create the illusion of greater height? What the hell?

Anyway, I need to go back again because the doc says I have blood in my urine. Yes, I'm having my menses so the results aren't indicative so I need to be re-tested. AARRRGGHHH!!!!

MENSES

I went for a massage after but had some time to kill before that so I went window shopping at Tampines Mall. Passed by Eu Yan Sang ans decided to check it out. My friend and her mom has been advising me to take EYS "Bak Fung" pills because it's suppose to help menstrual issues. And it must be fate because there's a promotion for But 1 box get 1 box free. What can I say?

I'm turning Auntie.
Comments:
so damn aunty!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   October 2006   February 2007   May 2007   July 2007   November 2007   November 2011   December 2011   July 2012   December 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?